Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday morning thoughts

I'm back. More than a month late.
I'm really excited because holiday is just around the corner, literally around the corner hehe. But I'm feeling so burdenend looking at 5C. They are so weak and lacking of motivation and purpose in life. Becoming a teacher helped me see how education is so important. Looking at my students I often tell myself education is what will help them change their situation but they seem not to care at all, and this kind of attitude is not gonna take them anywhere.

I can already see them wasting their life away smoking, racing illegally, having the time of their life, even doing drugs, because that's what they're doing now, while their parents work hard trying to support them. Have these kids no eyes to see the hardship of their parents?

I've seen parents paying for textbooks that their irresponsible child lose. They're so lucky to have textbook loans yet they lose the books within 3 months of schooling. They have this paper 3 in History which is an open book test, and will make up 10% of their to final results, but they choose to stare at the paper, doing nothing, knowing very well that they have to pass History to qualify for a certificate. It was worse last year, many come for exam without pens.

I know SPM isn't everything, I know good results doesn't mean a good future, I know what they say about not judging a fish by its ability to climb trees, but this just isn't the csse here. These fishes don't even know how to breathe in water.

I wanna cry. :/


No comments: