Wednesday, October 7, 2015

0610

Hi, I'm 24!
Looked at my 'on this day', years ago I still had my birthday notifications on. Until one day I turned it off, cz I thought what matters are those who would remember my birthday without Facebook reminding them. 

Actually that was a lie, someone else turned it off for me. He didn't want anyone to wish me a happy birthday. I used to look back at all my 'on this day' posts, and wonder why didn't I reply my friends' wall posts? Now I finally remember my dark times, must have been my personal hell. I had no freedom over my own social network accounts, I had no freedom over what I wore, who I talked to, I had no freedom at all. This blog was actually started as my own safe haven away from his prying eyes! 

Whatever, I am already over it. But it got me wondering if I had lost a few friends because I ignored all their initiatives to stay in touch. They must have thought how rude and snobbish I was, what a sad, sad realization. :/ possessive partners are scary, if I had been a little less naive, a little more courageous, I would have saved myself and my family a lot of heartache. 

So anyway, yay. Happy birthday to me. 

So much yet to see, to learn, and to explore. May I grow wise and better day by day! Thanks to everyone whom I have met and all the journeys I have taken! 

And last but not least, I love myself for the person I have grown into, my past has not defined me, it has molded me into who I am today, and I'm thankful for that!

No comments: