Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#63: Hiking Dates

63rd post of the year, at least I am doing a bit better than last year, but how on Earth did I manage up to nearly 200 posts per year previously. I know It's year end and I should probably be drafting my usual year end post (or did I miss it last year?), so I'll do it right after this post; blogging back to back sounds cool and I might have always been doing this during my active blogging days. What a long rant, sign of aging or what.

Anyway, like I had mentioned in the previous post, I wanna blog about our hikes to To'kun Hill in Bukit Mertajam because it is quite a good date idea (free somemore!) plus a pretty good hike, and mainly because while dragging my heavy self breathlessly onto the hill, I remembered what a previous hiker said about the hike uphill, in her blog she said it was only around 3.6km! False hope ALWAYS make things harder, we checked on our way up that we were nearing 3.6km, but NOWHERE near the peak. 
so this was where we ended up during hike number 1. the scenery was breathtaking, I was exhausted, and breathless. literally took my breath away. lol lol. plus, I had a flight to catch that afternoon.

good thing is that the track is well-shaded by trees so the Sun isn't a big problem.
JUST LOOK AT THE BLUE SKY OOOH. Almost worth the terrible muscle pain that lasted up to 3 days hahaha. Should probably take leg day seriously. 

I was joking, I don't do leg day. hahaha.

and then, about two weeks later, we went again. this time, with no time restriction because my interview was canceled T.T, leaving us with a whole day to waste. 

slowly we made our way up, wayyyy past our stopping point during hike #1. mind you, the climb was QUITE STEEP. It looks real innocent, but you feel the elevation, grr I have to build up my stamina or my breathing or whatever. so when we finally reached the top and checked, it is actually a 5km hike uphill! and we made it, we made it! 

6950 steps. I think it took us an hour plus, less than 2 to reach the peak.


just to see these. *roll eyes*
trying hard to convince myself they're close replicas of the Eiffel and Tokyo towers HAHAHA.
guess the first stopping point was a better choice. but at least we reached the peak, yayy! =D

and look at the number of floors we covered! isn't it spectacular.

going down took another 1 hour

this round, I only had VERY VERY minor muscle pain which came and went in a day's time.
So I guess it is safe to say that the Tokun Hill is quite a nice hiking choice for a too-much-free-time-need-to-do-things period.
Ignoring the very big ants and monkeys that make their way around, of course.

"Where are you going?"
"The road not taken, said the boyfriend."
"..." *roll eyes*

and then it was lunch time at the BM pasar: lohmee with hot chocolate. weird huh, cool kids eat all the different things.

No comments: