Tuesday, March 1, 2016

White face red lips

I'm I'm bored. So bored that I sempat go toilet take selfie. My only sit-in today is at 1040, at this rate, my phone might run out of battery by time I go to class. There's really nothing much to do, yet. 
Yea this is the toilet selfie whatever lol. Guess I'll just have to appreciate now that I can still be so free. I've gotten to know what I'll be teaching, English, Sivik and PJK (really?). 20 periods a week, guess it's acceptable. I kinda miss CHS, the students, the teachers, the whole environment. I guess I need quite some time to adapt to a less Chinese environment.

Anyway the above is just a very boring rant of mine. The purpose of this post is just for me to past time, and talk a lttle about Memoirs of a Geisha that I finally finished reading.

I actually brought this and Brida for some female self-empowerment or something lol. (Because I cannot let myself become contented with just this! I'm extremely afraid I'll become a boring person) But as I read the book, I realized how far it deviates from my initial assumption. Totally opened my eyes to another new culture and new world: the life and thoughts of a geisha. True that Sayuri lived almost her whole life waiting for a man, whom she would never have gotten if not for her persistence and the tough decision that lead to losing her very much good friend. But the suffering geishas had to undergo, not sure how much has it changed since then. Why didn't I buy this book any earlier? 


No comments: